Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, October 21, 2010

Jackie Chan


    About Jackie Chan
    Apprenticed to the China Drama Academy (or "opera school") by his parents at the age of 6, Jackie Chan  was rigorously trained in music, dance, and traditional martial arts. A visiting filmmaker offered Chan his  first (tiny) role as a stunt player. Chan took the part, and soon left the Opera to pursue the world of film.  Fellow Opera students Biao Yuen and Sammo Hung Kam-Bo would also have careers in film, and the  three would star in several films together in the following years. Chan's talent and enthusiasm soon saw  him taking larger and more important roles, graduating first to stunt coordinator, and then to director.
    I hate violence, yes I do. It's kind of a dilemma, huh?




    Biography for Jackie Chan

    Birth name   
    Chan Kong-sang
    Nickname
    Paopao
    Fong Si-lung
    Yuen Lou
    Big Brother
    Born   
    7 April 1954 (1954-04-07), Victoria Peak, Crown colony, Hong Kong
    Zodiac Sign
    Aries
    Height
    5' 8½" (1.74 m)
    Father
    Charles Chan
    (French Consul to Hong Kong, Head cook for the American embassy to Canberra,  Australia, born 18 December 1914, Shandong, China, died 25 February 2008, aged 93, Hong Kong)
    Mother
    Lee-Lee Chan
    (born 1916, Wuhan, China, died 28 February 2002, aged 85-86, Canberra, Australia)
    Religious view
    Buddhist
    Ancestry   
    Linzi, Shandong, China
    Origin   
    Hong Kong
    Speaks

    Cantonese, Mandarin, English, German, Korean, Japanese, Spanish
    Occupation
    Actor, Action choreographer, Filmmaker, Comedian, Director, Producer, Martial artist, Screenwriter,  Entrepreneur, Singer and Stunt performer
    Genre(s)   
    Cantopop, Mandopop, Hong Kong English pop, J-pop
    Films
    Over 100 films
    Years active   
    1962–present
    Spouse(s)     
    Lin Feng-jiao (born 30 June 1953, Taiwanese actress, Married in1982–present)
    Son
    Jaycee Chan (singer and actor, born on 3 December 1982 in Los Angeles, California)
    Daughter
    Etta Ng Chok Lam also known as Etta Wu (born on 19 November, 1999. Her mother name is Elaine Ng  Yi-Lei also known as Elaine Wu Hong Kong actress and Miss Asia 1990)
    Influences   
    Bruce Lee, Buster Keaton, Harold Lloyd, Jim Carrey
    Awards
    Hong Kong Film Awards in 1989, Best Action Choreography in 1996 and 1999, Professional
    Spirit Award 
    in 2004, Golden Horse Awards, Best Actor in 1992 and1993, Golden Rooster Awards, Best Actor in  2005, MTV Asia Awards, Inspiration Award in 2002
    Other Awards
    MTV Movie Awards in 2002, 1999, 1995
    Lifetime Achievement Award

    Shanghai International Film Festival in 2005
    Personal Quotes
    • Don't try to be like Jackie. There is only one Jackie.... Study computers instead. 
    • It's very important that I get hurt [when making a movie] 
    • I'm crazy, but I'm not stupid. 
    • I don't want to be an action star, action star's life is so short. I want my life to get longer. I want my career to 
    • get longer. 
    • I have a few rules that I tell my manager: No sex scenes. No make love. The kids who like me don't need to 
    • see it. It would gross them out. 
    • "I never wanted to be the next Bruce Lee. I just wanted to be the first Jackie Chan". 
    • The ads all call me fearless, but that's just publicity. Anyone who thinks I'm not scared out of my mind    
    • Whenever I do one of my stunts is crazier than I am.
    See - His Famous Photography
    See -Family Pictures
    Source URL: http://worldofcelebrityz.blogspot.com/2010/10/jackie-chan.html
    Visit World Of Celebrity for daily updated images of art collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive